Event ManagementThis is an introductory course in the field of Event Management.
The course is constructed in a multifaceted way so as to develop the students' creative thinking, resource management, problem solving, conflict management and decision making skills.
The course combines a number of teaching techniques including lectures, guest lectures by those with special competences in sub fields, class discussions, group work assignments, oral presentations, role playing, evaluations of actual real life events and projects.
Each student will be required to plan for an event (this includes setting objectives, briefing management, developing a checklist, project management, budgeting, marketing and evaluation strengths, weaknesses, potential risks and contingencies' in planning for events).
Start Date: Monday 30th April 2018
End Date: Monday 18th June 2018
Duration: 24 Contact Hours | 8 Days | Mondays only
Time: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply the principles of planning, organizing, and managing events according to industry standards.
- Develop a written proposal, contracts and a banquet event order for their respective clients.
- Design Food and Beverage menus to suit the needs of the market.
- Perform calculations related to event pricing, cost control and profitability.
- Determine the staffing requirements for various catered events.
- Create floor plans.
- Identify legal issues relating to event management.
- Design a comprehensive sales kit .
- Understand event marketing, public relations and event risks.